Did you know we have a National Day of Thanksgiving, and that it’s today? I didn’t until yesterday – I clearly haven’t been paying attention, because it’s been going for the last 12 years! It was initiated by the Australian Prayer Network, but even if you’re not a religious person, the very fact that you’re reading these posts means that you think gratitude is important. It is so good to give thanks for what we have and the people who make a difference in our lives.
So how can you express that today?
- send someone an email or a text telling them why you’re grateful for them.
- even better, write someone a card and send it this week! It’s great to get unexpected lovely things in the post.
- post something you’re grateful for on Facebook or Instagram – and then get three friends to share something they’re grateful for too (if you like, tag your post #everydaygratituder and/or #sharethegratitude so we can share in the joy!).
- go for a walk and try to pay special attention as you go – do you see and notice things that you really appreciate that you’ve always taken for granted?
- start a gratitude journal – just grab a notebook and start writing down what you’re grateful for.
Of course you don’t need a special day to do these things…you could do them any day. Or every day!
So let me start:
- I’m grateful that I live in a beautiful part of the world
- I’m grateful that I have so many freedoms and opportunities that others don’t
- I’m grateful for the many wonderful, wise, funny women I know who keep pressing on even when life is tough
What are you grateful for today?